Introduction to the Circus Arts
Children of all ages and abilities can benefit from our introductory classes! Designed to develop and improve gross motor skills, spatial awareness, strength and flexibility, watch your child gain confidence as they explore the world of circus in a safe and fun environment!
Children will learn and explore the basic techniques of circus in the following disciplines:
- Balancing (beam, tighwire, ball, rola-bola, etc).
- Juggling and object manipulation (scarves, balls, rings, club, diabolos, flower sticks and spinning plates).
- Acrobatics (on the floor, mini and large trampoline) front and back rolls, cartwheels, round-offs, walking on hands, etc.
- Aerial (dance trapeze, silks, hoop, rope, etc).
• Fitted sports clothing: tank top and leggings or t-shirt and shorts (no zippers).
• Circus is done barefoot.
• A reusable water bottle with your child’s name on it.
Advanced and Elite Circus Groups
These groups focus on developing the advanced skills required to enter the National Circus School.
The National Circus School accepted five of our artists to date. They are now enjoying great careers as circus artists and a few of them achieved international success!
To join the advanced and elite groups, your child must undergo and pass an evaluation.